Solo Music for Accordion: Call for Scores
Submission Receipt Deadline: July 1st, 2017
Iranian-Canadian Composers of Toronto (ICOT) announces its call for scores for the Fall 2017 opening concert in partnership with Canadian Music Centre in collaboration with internationally renowned Concert-accordionist Michael Bridge.
Additional information and requirements:
- This call for scores is open to all composers (any age and nationality)
- Each composer may submit only one work for consideration
- Works should be 4 to 6 minute in duration, and be written for solo accordion—electroacoustic elements are also accepted.
- Submitted scores must be anonymous.
- The selection will be made by three jury members. Jury members will only access anonymous review materials.
- Results will be announced by July 15th, 2017. Selected composers will be invited to attend rehearsals, taking place during August 2017. Exact date and time TBD
- Selected composers will receive an archival recording for their personal use
- ICOT is not able to provide travel stipends. We can facilitate video conferencing for rehearsals.
How to submit:
All materials will be submitted through an online form.
Composers will provide:
- contact information
- PDF copy of their anonymous score
- Optional: artist website
- Optional: composers can provide an audio file of the piece (mp3 only)
Deadline for receipt of materials is July 1st, 2017, 5pm EST.